Medicare Plan F
Medsup Plan F is the Medicare Supplement that provides the most coverage. It covers all of your costs for allowable Medicare charges. This means you have no out of pocket costs. Many people refer to it as “the best” plan or “the Cadillac plan”. They aren’t entirely wrong. Out of all 10 Medicare supplement plans this Medicare Supplement Plan F has the broadest coverage.
What does Medicare Supplement Plan F cover?
Medigap Plan F features the most comprehensive benefits package out of all Medicare Supplement policies.
Plan F covers:
- Part A deductible
- Part B deductible
- Part B excess charges
- Part A coinsurance and hospital costs
- Part B coinsurance or copayments
- Up to 3 pints of blood as needed for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility costs
- 80% of a foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
According to many reports the Medicare Supplement Plan F is the most commonly purchased plan among individuals who qualify. And you can see why, it offers the broadest coverage, covering all gaps Medicare may leave behind for you to pay.
Are medicare supplement plans worth it?
Medigap plans being worth it come down an an individual needs basis. Many people who routinely go to the doctor, or have long hospital stays are reassured by the fact that they will have no out of pocket costs on top of the monthly plan cost.
Other than the fact you are left with no out-of-pocket expenses, there are these other benefits:
- Pick any doctor that takes Medicare
- Stop waiting to go see a specialist
- Once you buy your plan, you can’t be dropped, no matter how many claims you make.