Medigap Plan C
What does Medicare Supplement Plan C cover?
Medigap Plan C is a very comprehensive Medicare Supplement plan. It covers almost all of your copays and coinsurance for Medicare Care under Medicare. What it doesn’t cover is the excess charges some Medicare Doctors will and can charge. This means it covers 100% of the costs associated with these four things:
- Medicare Part A coinsurance payments for inpatient hospital care for up to an additional 365 days after Medicare benefits are exhausted
- Medicare Part A deductible
- Medicare Part B copayments and coinsurance
- Up to 3 pints of blood for a medical procedure
- Part A hospice care expenses
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Skilled Nursing Facility Coinsurance
- Foreign Travel Emergency
Where do excess charges come from?
Excess charges are allowable charges doctors can charge you above and beyone what Original Medicare would allow that doctor to bill. Luckily they can only charge 15% more than Medicare allows. Typically your doctor won’t charge those extra fees. If you are worried about excess charges you could look at a Medigap Plan G. If you turned 65 prior to 1/1/2020 you could also look at a Medigap Plan F.